It's time to cut the grass when..................

Quote:
Hey, you just need some more horses!LOL

lol.png
I wish I could get my parents to let me get more.

...when your 68 year old land-lady, who happens to have congestive heart failure, gets out the gas mower and mows in front of the house you're renting. Her younger - and hale - brother is supposed to take care of the yard work on the property every Sunday (except for my Chicken Compound) but he's "been busy" for the past couple of months.

She thinks she will retire when she's 70. She walks half a mile, very slowly, on her lunch hour every work day. I thought she was gonna die mowing that lawn! But she refused to put the mower away until she had completed the job.

I got tired worrying about her.

I got all Rambo on one of our front "lawns" as I call them, there are 3 areas facing the road that have grass, I whacked down the biggest of them with the weed whacker today, I wear an actual US military Nomex flight suit I got for $5 or free depending on how you do the math, that and rubbah boots and of course safety glasses and yer set. (I got a bunch of flight suits and a bunch of Army sox from a test pilot, no kidding, holding a garage sale here. The smallest of the flight suits fit me and I kept it, sold the rest for a profit, keeping the sox, army sox are great.) You need some kind of overall to keep the grass out.

We get some TALL grass, I'm considering whether to cut and dry some as "hay" or "straw", frankly.

Wow, I like how many of us keep dogs just so we know when to mow. I tend to mow when I see the Shih tzu and the thoy poodle doing the gazelle thing to navigate the lawn (prarie?).
lol

Back
Top Bottom