I've just caught my girls going in for the night

DaveTaunton

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
Taunton, England
So I thought I'd follow fill up their food for the night etc. And I noticed that as they huddled in together they started to peck at each other, nothing overly violent or anything, I was just wondering if this was normal? we've had them around a month now and it doesn't seem to cause them any problems throughout the day, Thanks
smile.png

There were ten in the bed and the little one said, "roll over, roll over". So they all rolled over and one fell out...

There were nine in the bed and the little one said...

;)

The coop is a converted shed which I get up early to open etc, trust me, nothing is getting in or out of there ;)

I'm glad it's all normal though, like I said they weren't doing it hard or anything, I'd just not followed them in while they were settling before

When first heard mine arguing over who was going to sleep where, I thought there was a raccoon in there with them. It was just squabbling, and I was relieved. I have a new maturing rooster, and half the girls are fighting over who is going to sleep next to the new boy. And the other ones are arguing over the spots furthest away from him. :rolls eyes:

Back
Top Bottom