I've never seen anything like this!!!😲😲

Hey guys, I just had to share this because this is so cool!! One of my easter egger chicks just started laying, and a few days egg she layed this monster egg. It's about 1nch wide and 2inches long, it looks more like a potato than an egg:) Well today we cracked it open thinking there might be three or four yolks, but guess what? She layed an egg inside an egg!! Two yolks in all, one inside the small egg and one inside the large shell carrying the small egg. I've never seen anything like this, have you? Pics below
View attachment 2998531View attachment 2998532View attachment 2998534View attachment 2998535
oclear.oh my gosh!!! That's CRAZY!!

Hey guys, I just had to share this because this is so cool!! One of my easter egger chicks just started laying, and a few days egg she layed this monster egg. It's about 1nch wide and 2inches long, it looks more like a potato than an egg:) Well today we cracked it open thinking there might be three or four yolks, but guess what? She layed an egg inside an egg!! Two yolks in all, one inside the small egg and one inside the large shell carrying the small egg. I've never seen anything like this, have you? Pics below
View attachment 2998531View attachment 2998532View attachment 2998534View attachment 2998535
I know the feeling exactly. We received a LARGE egg from one of our pullets, a double yoker! I consumed it all by myself, lol! Super yummy. Love the dark orange yokes that comes from being free range. When we have hard boiled eggs, I eat the yoke, my husband eats the whites.

You might check this out. An egg within an egg is rare but not unheard of.

35 Egg Problems

https://cluckin.net/abnormal-chicken-eggs-35-egg-problems-explained.html

I think it also happens when a lesser developed egg catches up with a more developed egg in the hens system. The shell is then reformed around the new egg and the existing egg.

Back
Top Bottom