Ivermectin and ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the recommendation of a pharmacist our whole family has been on an ivermectin protocol. Big pharma doesn't make enough off of it if we get it over the counter.

By the recommendation of a pharmacist our whole family has been on an ivermectin protocol. Big pharma doesn't make enough off of it if we get it over the counter.
Wait for it......here comes the shaming. She's typing a journal.

I'm a high school graduate. No college etc. How is it I understand that a virus can mutate at will *thus why we don't have a cure for the common cold*. Why is it that I understand that medicines produced exclusively for livestock is more likely to kill a human than a vaccine? I'm wondering if we are entering a new phase of humanity named Idiocracy.

From KarynVA:

"Doubling down, eh? Why am I not surprised. @Vacman, you wrote: "the FDA approved thalidomide for nausea in pregnant women ..." and you KNOW that isn't true.

You owe everyone an apology. A little humility would serve you well in life.

As to the FDA, they aren't perfect and neither is any drug or medication. You are naive to expect any different."

Karyn, I don't see where I'm doubling down. I said you were correct as far as the pregnancy issue was concerned. I was aware that the FDA approved the drug, just not aware that they did not approve it for pregnancies, but there are still issues with this drug that's been used since the 1950's and they're just getting around to those.

Someone told me in the medication aisle of T*C that he knew someone who had used durvet ivermectin to treat Covid. That was back in April/May. He was not planning on doing the same, but was skeptical of Covid in general.

I have heard that the otc ivermectin available is not the same as prescription ivermectin—because of changing laws regarding antibiotics. I can’t find anything about it online right now, it seems most search results lead to Covid related warnings, etc. Is that true to anyone’s knowledge?
I would recommend that you ask your doctor.

I would recommend that you ask your doctor.
I’m just asking a group of people who are familiar with the product about any differences between the otc and the prescription. I’m sure a doctor would know, but I’m not looking for medical advice, or to dole any out. Just discussing ivermectin.

*However, I won’t be taking livestock medication in the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom