ivermectin then fenbendazole? wazine? I have spent 2 HOURS going through threads and still am not c

newbiechickenowner

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Georgia, VT
I have a bunch of girls with really runny white butts and I haven't wormed since last fall so think it is time. I wormed last fall with Wazine and eprinex I think. I researched a month ago and went and got Ivermectin Pour on 5mg and fenbendazole as this was what was most recommended and then, my computer crashed and I lost the link to the thread!
PLEASE help me. Now I am finding more info saying that I have to use Wazine first. I wanted to use the ivermectin and the fenbendazole, BUT, can't remember which one was supposed to be done first!

PLEASE help. I HAVE spent hours researching this and am really not finding the info that I had found before and bought the stuff for. I look forward to your reply and your time.

Forget the wazine and and ivermectin and just use the fenbendazole. If it's the safeguard equine paste; dosage is a "pea" size amount given orally to each chicken. Repeat dosing in 10 days.
If it's the safeguard liquid goat wormer; dose orally undiluted 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Repeat dosing again in 10 days.
There's a 24 day withdrawal period for both wormers start to finish.

what about this "worm die off" killing the chickens that I keep reading people post about? Does that happen often? I would hate to kill them :(
If you suspect your birds have a heavy wormload, you make a good point. In that case, you'll want to purchase valbazen cattle/sheep wormer. Valbazen slowly kills worms over a 3-5 day period of time, no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload. Dosage is orally undiluted, 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Repeat dosing in 10 days. There's a 24 day withdrawal from start to finish. Jefferslivestock sells it if your feed store doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom