Ivermectin

CowGirlMomma

Chirping
Oct 18, 2019
For those of you who use Ivermectin pour on for lice / mites on your chickens can it be used on 10 week old silkie chicks? I know there's plenty of info regarding this product, but I find some of the info confusing! Sorry to be asking about this... Could someone please clarify instructions for me, I've never used this before.

I have 10 week old Silkies, 15 week old polish, 4 yr old red sex links, 1 yr old ameraucana, 6 mnth old black sex links & easter eggers.

Thank you in advance! Appreciate your help!

Welcome to BYC! Yes, it can be used on them. Can you weigh them on a food or postal scale?
Minimum effective dose = 0.05 ml per pound of bodyweight topically.
Max dose = 0.1 ml per pound of bodyweight topically.

Welcome to BYC! Yes, it can be used on them. Can you weigh them on a food or postal scale?
Minimum effective dose = 0.05 ml per pound of bodyweight topically.
Max dose = 0.1 ml per pound of bodyweight topically.
Thank you for responding! Appreciate it! Yes, I do have a small food scale I can use. Would you suggest I put it on neck, under wings, under vent? OR just on their necks?

Thank you for responding! Appreciate it! Yes, I do have a small food scale I can use. Would you suggest I put it on neck, under wings, under vent? OR just on their necks?
I think most people put it on their necks. Oh, I forgot to ask, is this the 5 mg/ml pour on? The dose I recommended is for that one.

Back
Top Bottom