Jacin's Fiber Art

It's gonna be pretty close I think.
Counting gross sales and table cost, I sold more than I spent. Net income, I spent a bit more (but not as much as I thought) than I made.

But considering I generally spend around that amount at each sale, I'll consider that a great win.

Here's some of what I got. This was Friday's haul. The scarf is supposedly cashmere, but even if it's not, it's so soft and warms up nice and fast. It's also long enough to use as a head wrap, which I love.

The tricolor braids will be spun up and used for a slouchy hat that is going to be colored like Alistor from Hazbin Hotel
20240428_165310.jpg
20240428_165352.jpg
20240428_165441.jpg
20240428_165444.jpg

Not sure yet what I'll be doing with the 3 skeins (I got more on Saturday that I do have some thoughts for though)

Your batts are so gorgeous! I'm curious, is it harder to spin from a batt than from roving? I've only spun roving, but I'd love to try spinning from a batt sometime.
I personally have a harder time, but it seems to just be a matter of preference for most people. It's easier for me to tear the braids into strips the size I need, and the fibers are a bit more aligned (they are a bit more combined on the sides in Batts so that it stays together, where in braids, they're mostly just 'connected' at the top and bottom to make a longer strip). But I also am still newer to spinning (less than a year), so I still have to get familiar with some things before they get easier

I personally have a harder time, but it seems to just be a matter of preference for most people. It's easier for me to tear the braids into strips the size I need, and the fibers are a bit more aligned (they are a bit more combined on the sides in Batts so that it stays together, where in braids, they're mostly just 'connected' at the top and bottom to make a longer strip). But I also am still newer to spinning (less than a year), so I still have to get familiar with some things before they get easier
That's good to know, thanks! I'm new to spinning as well, and even spinning roving is tough sometimes :p

That's good to know, thanks! I'm new to spinning as well, and even spinning roving is tough sometimes :p
What fiber are you spinning? Some is very difficult, while others are easier.

I recommend buying a cheap batt once you're more comfortable spinning and just trying it.

Back
Top Bottom