Jackie's Great Adventure, 1st time hatching eggs Ongoing post here!

AH-HA! Now the numbers make sense. LOL I wasn;t so sure why you numbered them, but now, makes puuuuurrrfect sense!!
Good luck!
Christina

Quote:

Yeah, I am kinda learning and keeping a log here. Trying to get the kids in bed so I can scope them out again tonight.

Today is day 7 for my eggies! Here I come guys!!!!!

so I just checked the eggs and #4 is looking very promising! Cross your fingers for us!
tongue.png

So tonight I had dh bring home a LED flashlight. I waited for it to get dark and then waited some more for the huge thunderstorm to stop and then I finally got out to scope out my eggs. Boy was it eggciting!!!!!! There is movement in my eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not all of them, but a few. I could barely contain my excitment!!!

Day 8 is GREAT!
big_smile.png

I remember how excited I was when I candled our eggs and saw the little chicks swimming around in there!
fl.gif
Keep growing little chickies!

Tonight I plan on candling again. I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the best! And OMG............I hope none of them blow up on me!!!! EWWWWWWW!
tongue.png
I am pretty sure 1 of them is empty and 1 look like it has the blood ring....

Wow thanks for posting. I just got mine in the mail on Friday. I wasn't even going to think of checking them. LOL I was afraid of upsetting her.

As soon as it warms up I'll check them. Plus it is a bit early.

After I took out the golfballs and put in real eggs she didn't get off them for 2 days.

We're due Dec. 5th

We candled the eggs last night. All is looking good. We decided to get rid of #7. It just looks empty. SO it is gone. Now I think it is #3 that is VERY exciting!!! The baby chick is moving and grooving in there!!! I was so excited that I candled 2 times! So we are more than halfway there now. The eggs are all looking full of something.
hmm.png
I hope they are full of chicks!

So more chicken excitment!
big_smile.png
Lacy decided to help Jackie. She is another Bantam that we have. She is very pretty too. She has been sitting on the same eggs with Jackie since yesterday afternoon!!! Hmmm.....dh says we should put her in another nestbox and see if she just goes back to Jackie's eggs. Have to wait and see is lacy keeps this up!
tongue.png

I have 7 eggs under a broody leghorn. Can't wait to candle tomorrow night- day 7. I have never hatched with a broody, just an incubator. A broody does all the work. Here is my girl Cali sitting on her eggs. Our due date is Dec 3

006-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom