janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity?

Thank you so much guys. This helps a lot.
Hatcherguy please let me know how your hatch turns out. I'm very interested in the results you get.
I can't believe its 13% off. That's alot.

The Jonel 8-49 40 egg incubator is complete rubbish. The instructions are appauling. I sympathise with everyone who have had bad hatches using this Jonel product. If anyone can work out how to disengage the humidity and temperature bleeper I would be most grateful.
actually the instructions are really clear.....if you dont buy the knockoff. The actual Janoel brand 8-48 has a full english manual that tells you how to change all the settings...its the one with the non-translucent lid.

KNOCK OFF aka usually doesnt work right/breaks:

REAL JANOEL8-48 (New Style)

REAL JANOEL8-48 (Older Style)

KNOCKOFF Panel

REAL Panel

Notice the CE certification on the knock off is just a CE typed in a white circle...not the actual CE logo. Also notice the real Janoel says Janoel8-48 in the white square.
THe real Janoel also has air vents on top and has the word Janoel embossed onto the yellow lid and the 4 viewing windows.

I have been into chickens since childhood and am now in my 50's. I have raised chickens also for the giant guru companies of this nation. I now only do BYC. so I say for forced air 35 - 40 percent humidity up to day 18, then raise to 65 - 70 percent humidity, lock down til hatch. By lock down I mean lock down, you know don't open it. Lock down means nothing in and nothing out. So don't open it to put in more water after day 18, and yes the humidity at 65 - 70 percent, may go down. No big deal leave it alone!

Just a note: If your percentages are 5% lower than the above mentioned humidity percentages, for me that is no big deal. However, I do not recommend going higher than the percentages above, your chicks may drown in the egg at hatching time if you go higher than the above humidity percentages.

hytop

Last edited:
Hi i just recently purchased the older style incubator and i think i am having a problem with the egg turner. The egg turner tray orientates the eggs a full 360 degrees every two hours it rotates them. Is that a problem or is just the movement necessary for the eggs. Please advise

The egg turner in the Janoel incubator should rotate Left-Right approx 45 degrees from center. If it rotated 360 degrees the eggs would be laying under the turner halfway through a rotation. Even at 180 degrees (thats 90 degrees left, return to center, then 90 degrees to the right) the eggs would most likely fall out of the turner.

Back
Top Bottom