January 2024 hatch-a-long

Pics

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I did not see a hatch-a-long in January for eggs due after New Years, so I am posting this one.

I have a broody hen, so I gave her 3 eggs to sit on. They are from a different farm. The hen is a Bluebell Egger, named "Bluebell."
20231213_111053.jpg

These will be due the 4th. The temps here are in the mid 30's, and I will raise any chicks she hatches.

Does anyone else have eggs they are setting in January?
I just set 48 mixed colored eggs last night, set to hatch the 4th as well. Trying to get some splash olive egger chicks, so I’m going to try to sell or give away the black or barred chicks (which will probably be most of them) …lol I swore I wouldn’t have any brooders in the garage again, but here we go 😂

the flock contains barred and sapphire olive eggers, black copper Marans, black sex-link marans (Dark Shell), legbars, and a blue copper Marans roo, as well as a blue Araucana roo.

I’m also setting eggs to hatch in January.

Thank you for making this and the December thread. Hatch-a-longs are a delight to follow along with.

I have 4 Easter egger eggs that *may* hatch January 4th or 3rd. Haven’t candled them yet to confirm fertility, but besides that, I will be incubating more polish eggs to hatch in January, and i may decide to incubate Cochin bantam eggs once January begins.

I have 5 polish eggs saved up so far, I’m hoping to hit at least 8-12 before I incubate them.

Back
Top Bottom