Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
Thanks. So, is Rosetta just heterozygous range (Tibetan), then? Or will they breed true? Just trying to get my mind around some of this. I'm setting up some breeding pens for trios. Working with red Tibetan, roux dilute, pharaoh, gold, Rosetta, and some tuxes. I'm just not sure what direction to take since I don't plan on keeping all these. Also, is red sex linked?

Would this be a cinnamon tuxedo, she is VERY orange compared to the red below her (what would you name the red too? she has almost no feather markings like a tibetan, but way redder in color and lighter than a rosetta)?

J.M.F sent me some of these. They call it a Range Tuxedo. I Love my 3 and hope for 2 hens. I have rodetta in 3 shades from the same parents.

Last edited:
wow nice silver, i think being a recesive gene it doesnt come up to often. i,ve put my silver hen with a white face tibetian roo, can,t wait till spring

i am a newbie to coturnix and I purchased nineteen today of 5 varieties. I want to breed for tuxedo and other cool, different colors than what i have.
I acquired:
1 English White (unknown sex)
2 Jumbo Pharaoh (maybe both roo's)
4 Dark British Range (unknown sex)
8 Italians (both sexes)
4 Wild Type Pharaoh (at least two hens)

Could I possibly get a silver out of any of these???
Anyone know any cool combos that will produce a different color?

Back
Top Bottom