Jersey Giant and Mystic Onyx.. definitely roos?

Okay so now the Jersey is 17 weeks. It is very clear now that the Mystic Onyx is absolutely a pullet, but that Jersey is suspicious lol. Here are some updated pics. The comb is not huge but it looks like it has saddle feathers? It used to have a few tall dropping feathers at the top of the tail but they fell out of maybe were plucked by another chicken? Not sure.

Attachments

• 20230425_194637.jpg
    20230425_194637.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230425_194532.jpg
    20230425_194532.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230425_191530.jpg
    20230425_191530.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230420_153454.jpg
    20230420_153454.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I feel like it’s a pullet too. Jersey Giant roosters have huge wattles. But I’m definitely not an expert. Floppy rounded tail feathers aren’t the same as skinny, pointy, saddle feathers. I sure hope you have a pullet there! Looks like one to me!
I see what you mean. I just looked up saddle feathers for roos and they are really pointy where this bird doesn't have pointy saddle feathers.

Weirdly, I was so stressed at the prospect of having a roo but over time I've come to really like the idea so I'm actually a little bit sad hahah.

Okay so now the Jersey is 17 weeks. It is very clear now that the Mystic Onyx is absolutely a pullet, but that Jersey is suspicious lol. Here are some updated pics. The comb is not huge but it looks like it has saddle feathers? It used to have a few tall dropping feathers at the top of the tail but they fell out of maybe were plucked by another chicken? Not sure.
Gorgeous pullet!

Pullet. :)

I see what you mean. I just looked up saddle feathers for roos and they are really pointy where this bird doesn't have pointy saddle feathers.

Weirdly, I was so stressed at the prospect of having a roo but over time I've come to really like the idea so I'm actually a little bit sad hahah.
Aww! Well you never know! I hope you get what you’re wanting!

I agree with people saying that jersey giants will have huge combs and wattles if it was a rooster, but look at the tail feathers 🤨.

(I still think it’s a pullet, but I have had jersey giants be under developed before.)

Back
Top Bottom