Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Pics
Hi Tara, coming from La where hot summer is 8 months. I have 2 different sets of eggs coming in 2 weeks and my DR wants me to see an Orthopedic surgeon to have my right knee replaced. Hate that. I have too many things going on right now. I have a small batch of 3 week olders in the storeroom (non insulated) and even with the A/C on it was 110 degrees inside. Kept running ice out to them. I have the fixins' to make a 5 gallon air cooler. I hope it will make a difference. I found it on youtube. I ordered a dozen Horstman and Urlch SG Dorkings. Couldn't turn down the chance. I had received 15 White Plymouth Rocks but all were scrambled. I reported back to the shipper and he is replacing them tomorrow. I need more space!!!!
celebrate.gif
Other than the knee, I'm a very happy camper. In fact this is the happiest I've ever been. I'm 67 by the way.

We have been busy going back and forth to Nashville. Maddy has to have another surgery on the 29th. Scans found gaps where the bone still has not fused. I'll try and keep you all updated...but on the OF thread. I don't want to hijack Tara's.

Good luck with sweet Maddy! Prayers sent up for her, and you!

Hi Tara, coming from La where hot summer is 8 months.   I have 2 different sets of eggs coming in 2 weeks and my DR wants me to see an Orthopedic surgeon to have my right knee replaced.   Hate that.  I have too many things going on right now.   I have a small batch of 3 week olders in the storeroom (non insulated) and even with the A/C on it was 110 degrees inside.  Kept running ice out to them.   I have the fixins' to make a 5 gallon air cooler.  I hope it will make a difference.  I found it on youtube.  I ordered a dozen Horstman and Urlch  SG Dorkings.   Couldn't turn down the chance.  I had received 15 White Plymouth Rocks but all were scrambled.   I reported back to the shipper and he is replacing them tomorrow.  I need more space!!!!    :celebrate   Other than the knee, I'm a very happy camper.  In fact this is the happiest I've ever been.   I'm 67 by the way.   

Good luck with your knee and your egg hatching!

X10 on loving Fixins and the stump chicken! I just want to scratch Miss Fixins belly so bad! And I wish you lived closer to me so I could buy some of your baby ducklings and chicks! It would be so cool to me to have some Higgins Rat Ranch babies!

Back
Top Bottom