Jubilee Orpington and Lemon Cuckoo Marans

NewChickLove

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
I am so excited, I feel like I just hit the jackpot. I bought 6 chicks from a local guy and couldn't be more in love. They are supposed to be 1 Blue Cochin, 2 Blue Splash Cochins, 2 Lemon Cuckoo Marans and 1 Jubilee Orpington. He had them all mixed together in the same brooder and I told him what I wanted. Would everyone agree that's what I got? This first one is the Jubilee

The next two are the cuckoo Marans - only one pic of the second one.

The Blue Cochin

And the 2 Splashes

This last picture is of the blue Cochin and what I suspect is a splash to show how light the one is. She is so light she is almost looks cream. Is she a splash?

Even if they are not what I was told, I'm so in love with their little fluffy butts! (Now, let's pray more than half are pullets
1f633.png
)

Thank you! I'm having a hard time finding anything on Lemon Cuckoo Marans, but his birds sure are beautiful.

I've raised Jubilee Orpingtons for several years now and have never hatched one with such dark stripes. Do he happen to say what bloodline they are from? Did you see the breeding stock?

I did see some of his birds but I didn't ask what lines they're from. I really only wanted them for their beauty, I don't want to breed them, so I didn't ask any questions. When he pulled out the cuckoo Maran in the first picture, he said he wasn't 100% certain it was a Maran because it had a lot of darker red/gold in it, he thought it might be a Jubilee, and then picked out the one with the stripes as well. Since I wanted both breeds regardless, I said I'd take both.

Hum lemon cuckoo's. Somebody in Europe breeds them.they look Wheaten based.
Best, Karen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom