Jumbo Coturnix Quail lifespan questions

NinjaGamer2022

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
I was wondering, without artificial lighting how long can a JUMBO Coturnix Quail live? I have this cute (Jumbo?) white quail and I'm curious if I treat it like an outdoor pet how long could it live? I understand than being a hen or rooster can greatly vary on lifespan but I'm just curious. How old was your oldest jumbo coturnix quail hen and/or rooster? Thx,

I have heard some people have quail both 8 years old and 10 years old however it was online so take that with a pinch of salt.

The longest I've seen alive was 6 years old but he's still ticking and not far off 7 years old.

My eldest was 18 months I think.. I just find them too tasty :oops:

Do your older quail lay eggs? I have a favorite roo and a favorite hen, but my 21 main flock lay eggs for me and breed more quail! I under the impression that after a year to a year and a half of laying they slow down egg production and males can't reliably fertilize.

Do your older quail lay eggs? I have a favorite roo and a favorite hen, but my 21 main flock lay eggs for me and breed more quail! I under the impression that after a year to a year and a half of laying they slow down egg production and males can't reliably fertilize.
My quail are turning a year old in about 2 months. Right now it is winter where I live so most of my quail, both old and new, are not laying. But one of my 6 older hens has been laying eggs almost non stop, even in this winter time. Most of my remaining quails are not laying due to the light (I don't give artificial light).

My quail are turning a year old in about 2 months. Right now it is winter where I live so most of my quail, both old and new, are not laying. But one of my 6 older hens has been laying eggs almost non stop, even in this winter time. Most of my remaining quails are not laying due to the light (I don't give artificial light).
Our flocks are almost the same age. Though I've hatched a few here and there the majority of my quail hatched out April 17, 2022 (and the day after). I do give artificial light but they have slowed down anyway.

I have 14 chicks in the brooder right now and I mean to replace hopefully 6-7 of them and then more as the year goes on. I just completed my fourth hatch!

Our flocks are almost the same age. Though I've hatched a few here and there the majority of my quail hatched out April 17, 2022 (and the day after). I do give artificial light but they have slowed down anyway.

I have 14 chicks in the brooder right now and I mean to replace hopefully 6-7 of them and then more as the year goes on. I just completed my fourth hatch!
My first group of quails I have also hatched in mid April 2022.

Back
Top Bottom