Jumping Quail!!!

Quote:
oh ok. I put bubble wrap on the top of mine, so I'm waiting to see what happens!
fl.gif

Its called a flush
smile.png
And its natural to all quail (after all they game birds). When the bob whites were about 4 or 5 weeks old (old enough to fly) my husband would tiptoe by them on his way to work at 4 AM. No matter how quiet they he was they would almost always flush. There senses are tuned in for any varience in there area so that they can take flight as soon as danger aproaches. Now Flushes are lots of fun whene your in an aveary with 25 bob whites and they decided your scary. Just duck and hope they avoid you ha ha. Crystal

Quote:
Thats what I did , worked for a day.mine jumps so much at night it finally popped the material right off.....you should have seen the chase that happened at 4 in the morning LOL .. now I use some bakers racks with bubblewrap on down side haha...soft and cushy,he jumps for no reason.and mostly at night.....unless I have ghosts running around at night ? good luck..I cant wait until the 4 I just hatched are old enough to join this lonely boy !

Back
Top Bottom