June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

I ended up with 36 new babies. I just started 7 guinea eggs today. My husband even suggested I may want to get another incubator.

Well! DH surprised me tonight and get the boxes done :D YAY!!! I hope they use them! Lol! No more circling at the airport ;P

Oh and one of the hens on the floor was moving around when we were putting the new boxes in and she lifted up just enough so that I could see 3 eggs under her :) I don't want to disturb the broody's but I am SO eager to know how many they are sitting on total and if they are all fertilized ;P Oh the waiting!!!!! It's TORTURE LOL

I have PIPS! OMG PIPS!
celebrate.gif

I spent several hours reading an old broody hen thread this evening. Just before I was ready to go to bed I wanted to go check on Mrs. Broody, maybe candle the two iffy eggs. I went out and had a look, they seemed fine, nothing unusual. I picked up an iffy one and flipped it over and IT HAS PIPPED AND HALF ZIPPED! I was so startled I nearly dropped it. I put it back down gently and picked up the other iffy one and IT WAS PIPPED, TOO! After that I said "Oh crap!" And decided to gtfo as fast as possible. I put the eggs back, gave Mrs. Broody a "way to go" pat, and closed up the chick pen.

Holy cow, I expected her to go a day or two early, but wow! Apparently she was on the nest for four or more days before I noticed her. Yay chicks! I like it when things come early, it keeps me from getting impatient and crazy.

I have PIPS! OMG PIPS!
celebrate.gif

I spent several hours reading an old broody hen thread this evening. Just before I was ready to go to bed I wanted to go check on Mrs. Broody, maybe candle the two iffy eggs. I went out and had a look, they seemed fine, nothing unusual. I picked up an iffy one and flipped it over and IT HAS PIPPED AND HALF ZIPPED! I was so startled I nearly dropped it. I put it back down gently and picked up the other iffy one and IT WAS PIPPED, TOO! After that I said "Oh crap!" And decided to gtfo as fast as possible. I put the eggs back, gave Mrs. Broody a "way to go" pat, and closed up the chick pen.

Holy cow, I expected her to go a day or two early, but wow! Apparently she was on the nest for four or more days before I noticed her. Yay chicks! I like it when things come early, it keeps me from getting impatient and crazy.
how exciting! I came on to post something similar! I thought my broody was due, now, but tuesday I went out and looked, flipped one over and it was zipping as well! last night she had 5 chicks, 3 silkie crosses and 2 orps. there are 2 eggs left under her, but I dont know if they are viable!

it so fun and i love to watch the moms with their chicks! my other broody with her 4 are doing so well. I had someone come to buy them, but they didnt have a heat lamp or anything, so I wouldnt let them take them just yet.. it will be so sad when they leave, but i cant keep all of them! have to buy more feed!

Back
Top Bottom