June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Seven purebred wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucanas finally hatched out of 14 shipped eggs!
jumpy.gif

I am going to clean up my incubators now and shut down for the season. I still have two broody hens and multiple guinea hens on the nest outside, but what will come of it remains to be seen. Something stole a guinea egg night before last, they set up a terrible hollering, but the dogs came to the rescue and the hens were still setting on way too many eggs in the morning. The only evidence was a broken shell about 8 ft from their nest. A few days before the egg incident, we saw one guinea out there with a single baby following her. We decided to let her keep it because it was only one. Each day I am amazed it is still with us! Maybe there are enough dogs and guineas to actually watch a baby this year???!!!
hu.gif

Nice work with the pips!!! I had no pips when I went to bed last night and one loudmouth at about 3am. Hard to ignore since my incubator is in the upper foyer. Hoping for a few more pips...nothing yet!

Back
Top Bottom