June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Ohh so cute!!!!

Thank you! These are the quietest, most reserved chicks I have ever had. They look at me every time I tend them like, "What planet are you from, and why are you here!?" They aren't afraid, just like staring at me and not reacting. They run to eat when I cluck, but if I don't, they just stand there like they are waiting for the real chicken mama to show up or something! Hope they warm up to me like my others.
hu.gif

Thank you! These are the quietest, most reserved chicks I have ever had. They look at me every time I tend them like, "What planet are you from, and why are you here!?" They aren't afraid, just like staring at me and not reacting. They run to eat when I cluck, but if I don't, they just stand there like they are waiting for the real chicken mama to show up or something! Hope they warm up to me like my others.
hu.gif
They sound perfect to me! Some of mine always think I am going to kill them.

They sound perfect to me! Some of mine always think I am going to kill them.

That's how my EE chicks act until they get older. They think I am a hawk or something every time I open the brooder! My Ameraucanas have all been so friendly as chicks, flying to me in the brooder and landing on my hands while I feed or change water. Even if they go through a flighty stage right after they feather out, then they settle by the next week and come when called and fly to me when they see me come to the yard. I just love them.

So in the end 4 cream legbar chicks and 4 isbar chicks. Strong chicks but some just rolled around for the first day. Put some in glasses and some in slings but have taken all out now. Not sure how many are going to make it. 3 strong healthy chicks and 5 ok chicks. I never have any luck with iffy chicks.

So in the end 4 cream legbar chicks and 4 isbar chicks. Strong chicks but some just rolled around for the first day. Put some in glasses and some in slings but have taken all out now. Not sure how many are going to make it. 3 strong healthy chicks and 5 ok chicks. I never have any luck with iffy chicks.

Congrats on the hatch! Hopefully your iffy chicks with strengthen up and do well for you this time!
yippiechickie.gif

Set my last hatch in the incubator last night. White Chanteclers and Chantecler/Maran crosses. Hatch day July 28/29.

Looks like at least 1 Isbar and 1 CL are not going to make it. Disappointing. Isbar chicks are beautiful. Waited a long time to get them. Maybe next year order some more eggs. Hopefully the 3 I hatched will all make it to adulthood.

Back
Top Bottom