Jungle Fowl

Pics
So I got this guy from a guy who said he bought a batch of jungle fowl chicks, but when they grew up, this rooster turned out gold instead of red. I thought it looks rather nice. Just want to know what you all think.

If its a mix its low percentage but very hansom none the less
So I got this guy from a guy who said he bought a batch of jungle fowl chicks, but when they grew up, this rooster turned out gold instead of red. I thought it looks rather nice. Just want to know what you all think.

They are not so wild if you rise them from the eggs.
and give them a little practice,.....
smile.png

start from give the a food from your hand.
its good practice to create tame jungle fowl.

Red Jungle Fowl come in only one color. Just like a Black- breasted Red Old English Game. Or Brown Leghorns. You will not likely get pure birds as the pure breed are just not available. The pure cocks go into a hen-like eclipse plumage in the winter. They would be poor layers and are just for beauty.

Red Jungle Fowl come in only one color. Just like a Black- breasted Red Old English Game. Or Brown Leghorns. You will not likely get pure birds as the pure breed are just not available. The pure cocks go into a hen-like eclipse plumage in the winter. They would be poor layers and are just for beauty.

They differ from Old English Bantams of similar size that are called black-breasted red. Some of my games are dead ringers for red jungle fowl on all accounts except for size and leg coloration. They get disqualified at show because they are not black-breasted reds.

The eclipse molt is not restricted to pure jungle fowl. I do not know where they originated but originator did a very poor job of researching subject yet it is still being passed on as fact.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom