Jungle Fowl

Pics
Hey guys does anyone have a reds from the sandiego zoo strand of birds I would love to cross that with my pures or I think pure from India... Willing to pay your price if you can prove they are from that strand and what others they have been bred with thank l you

Last edited:
[/IMG]

He is 4 and 1/2 months old and needs a hen for the future let me know if anyone on this form has a pure hen for sale or knows anyone selling one... I have another cock bird I can trade for it or purchase it from them if that's what they prefer thank you and have a great day :)

Hey guys does anyone have a reds from the sandiego zoo strand of birds I would love to cross that with my pures or I think pure from India... Willing to pay your price if you can prove they are from that strand and what others they have been bred with thank l you
Very nice young male you have there.

As an fyi, the san diego strain of birds are chickens. Crossing them with your birds would only downgrade the "Indian genes" in your birds but if that's your goal, then that decision will be up to you.

That's what's I have heard... But I also heard there are a few people with the original birds so to speak instead of the crossed birds not sure if true I just want to find the purest hen to cross with him so If anyone has any ideas on a breeder please let me know :)

Last edited:
I beleave that he is kong jungle fowl crossed with a smaller jungle fowl because his father looked just like a kong jungle fowl yellow with black neck feathers instead of solid yellow the two long tail feathers... To me each jungle fowl strand has a slightly different tail in my opinion and also his saddle feathers were orange... Not sure if all jungle fowl have an orange saddle but I will post pictures of his parents :)

Last edited:
His parents were not even a full year old I beleave or just slightly over a year...so I beleave that is why the male wasn't full size... Will be able to tell with the current rooster I have and hen I have but need a new set of blood in my breeding any ideas guys ?

That's what's I have heard... But I also heard there are a few people with the original birds so to speak instead of the crossed birds not sure if true I just want to find the purest hen to cross with him so If anyone has any ideas on a breeder please let me know
smile.png
All the San Diego birds I've seen so far were chickens. But if it's like you say that their are few people with original birds, I'm curious to see pictures of them.

I don't know if you have researched up to that point, but the indians (murghi) that were imported here in the 1960's started with only a handful of birds kept by one person. The only reason why those birds are still around (50+ years later) is because they were inbred to each other. There's so few of them now that it's difficult to get them. I once bought a pair of galliformes from an older gentleman who said that he's never crossed his birds with anything. I believe him, and I will continue to keep his birds that way...because it was difficult to find pure birds like the ones he has. I recommend you do the same if you manage to get pure rjf.

I beleave that he is kong jungle fowl crossed with a smaller jungle fowl because his father looked just like a kong jungle fowl yellow with black neck feathers instead of solid yellow the two long tail feathers... To me each jungle fowl strand has a slightly different tail in my opinion and also his saddle feathers were orange... Not sure if all jungle fowl have an orange saddle but I will post pictures of his parents
smile.png
There's too many mixing going around it's hard to tell. About the orange saddle, it depends on the bird and where it came from in the original habitat - some have orange while others have orange-red (similar to how some have white vs red earlobes). The pictures I've seen of the indians here in the U.S. tend to have saddles that are more orange-red.

Back
Top Bottom