Just a Big Hi to everyone and thank you for letting me join

SJEP

Songster
6 Years
Mar 18, 2017
Hi Everyone!
Thank you for letting me joint this group. For all practical purposes Im going to call myself New to chickens. While in the past, I raised many, its been almost 30 years since I last had them and I have forgotten much Im sure, so Im appreciative of being amongst other chicken people again!

When I had them in the past I lived up in Ontario Canada. Now, Im in far west Lake Worth FL. Like gardening, Im sure keeping chickens here is a totally different game.

Right now I have 4 chicks that I bought from Red Barn in Loxahatchee FL. 2 Columbian Wyandottes, and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes. Hopefully they are all hens.

Right now I am having a problem and hope someone of you could help. One of the two silver laced is having some loose poop. I have them under a heat lamp 90 to almost 100 degrees and they seem to like to hang out in the warmer side. They are on dustless pine shavings. Im feeding Manna Pro medicated chick starter and have electrolytes and probiotics in their water. Still the one has loose poop, otherwise she seems active and is eating and drinking right along with the others.

Do I need to be worried about this loose poop? Any suggestions on what to do for her?

Thank you all very deeply in advance.

SJEP

Greetings from Kansas, SJEP, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Ontario to Florida....now that's a climate change! I wouldn't be overly concerned about the loose poop at this point. Just monitor for now. If you'd like a refresher on all things chicken, feel free to check out the wonderful articles in the Learning Center here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And if you have additional baby chick questions here is the link to the Baby Chicks Forum:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks
And you can chat with some fellow Florida poultry folks in your state thread in this link if you wish: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
woot.gif

welcome-byc.gif

You've already been given some good links to check out...one thing I'll add is to keep an eye out for pasty butt, especially with the one having runny poop. Be sure her back end is kept clean.

When we moved last year we went the opposite way of you! We moved from Florida to Wyoming, lol. Hope you're enjoying FL, I always thought it was such a pretty state.

Best wishes to you!

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great links to explore, so I will simply wish you all the best

G’Day from down under SJEP
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you and your little ones all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Ooops! I thought I had looked around sufficiently, but I must have missed this. I will try in those sections. Thank you for being so kind to a new egg!

Thanks to everyone! Looks like this is a Great group of chicken minded people!

Back
Top Bottom