Just an update on my 5 week-olds and their "teenchick" condo...

Eggnonymous

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Carroll County, GA
Hi all, been busy with spring break, school testing (ugh), and coop building. Thought I'd drop a few pics of my junior misses
wink.png
. Their temp. housing is the teenchick condo and they seem to like it. I hand out some clover, worms, and other goodies from time to time so things won't get dull. We really have to get the coop completed - best laid plans and all that!

BTW, wanted to share something we do that works great for us and I'm sure is not a new idea, but on the floor of a fridge box I put about a 1/3 bag of pine pellets and then we bought a big roll of that contractor's paper they put down over new flooring to protect it (about $7 for a 3 x 50 ft roll). I cut a slit about 4" from the floor of the box on one end and slip the paper through there and pull across over the pellets. The pellets keep the moisture down and to clean I just step in, cut the floor piece loose, fold it up and pull a new piece down - voila! After 3 weeks I needed to dump the pellets and start fresh, but so far has worked great for keeping this fairly messy thing in our workshop under control.

39271_p1000581.jpg

39271_p1000584.jpg

39271_p1000578.jpg

There are 2 Doms., 2 Speck. Sus., 2 Wells., 2 Blk. Aust., 2 Col. Wyan., and 3 Silv. Dork. - no names yet - they need to get all their "big girl" feathers so I can tell the "sisters" apart, but it looks like one of the Sussex or Aust. is going to be the Queenie of the coop!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom