Just back to the farm

Calandergirl

Hatching
Oct 7, 2015
Hello everyone! I grew up on a dairy farm in rural MN. From there I tried city life in a few different locations and always found myself coming back to the desire for farm life. When I was younger my parents raised some chickens but for meat, not eggs. Now my husband and I have our own little "chicken farm". We live South of the Twin Cities, shortly off the MN river, and I'm definitely an eclectic chicken lady. Our 6 year old and I love to care for all of our bird

s. We have 4 different colors of Ameracaunas, 2 English Lavender Orps, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Buff Barhama, 2 White Lace Orps, and a few others we got for free from a family in the cities. Along with those birds I also have a beautiful heritage Jake that I adore. He's my "other" dog - he talks back and forth with us and when I go in his pen he lays on my feet until I pet him long enough.

We have a roll-away nest that we use because we've had a lot of problems with our new chicks (4.5mo) eating the others' eggs.

I also have fish, dogs, rabbits, a horse, 2 lambs, and am in the process of talking my husband's boss out of the CUTEST Holstein calf.

The photo is where I grew up. I'll take some tonight of my lovely flock.

Take care,
Renee

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC, Renee. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on getting a chicken farm. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Holstein calf.

Hi Renee,
welcome-byc.gif

What a nice introduction and the photo is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your flock.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom