Just hatched out my 1st gosling and............

erthymom2

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
I have Toulose mixed eggs in the bator (Toulose but mixed with Amer. Buff). I checked out the shell after he finished coming out and it looks like he pooped inside the shell at one end. Is that normal?? Do goslings poop on their way out?
He is resting happily after the struggle to get out. I say a "he" because I think with his dark coloring and feet - it's a boy. One other is pipping and chipping away at the shell too. The other two were rocking earlier but must be napping.

Last edited:
Yup, they sure do poop on the way out. So do ducklings, usually. Better in the shell than in your incubator.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
Alot easier to clean that way.

Laurie

didn't know that about them pooping in the shell...anyhow, how hard is it incubate goose eggs?? I have heard it is difficult, is this true?

D'Angelo N Va. :

didn't know that about them pooping in the shell...anyhow, how hard is it incubate goose eggs?? I have heard it is difficult, is this true?

i didn't find it hard to do - hand turned three times per day, kept the temp. at 99o and humidity around 50-60% till they were due to hatch then upped it to 75-80. the hardest part was waiting!!​

Last edited:
I have four cotton patch goose eggs from Serina under a muscovy duck now for a week. So far it has been no trouble at all for me.
big_smile.png
Crossing my fingers for a good hatch in three weeks.

Back
Top Bottom