Just have to share this

cindy57

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 25, 2011
I don't post here but do come and read. Anyway I have to share this story I hope I'm putting it in the right forum.

I have 1 rooster and seven hens.About a 6 weeks ago I bought 2 bronze turkeys, 2 RI pullets and 2 silver laced cochin pullets. I put them outside and Friday and watched to make sure the other birds wouldn't pick on them. I checked on them several times and they fit in fine. Saturday evening my husband and I went out to dinner. I usually put the chickens in the coop but thought I would get back before dark. Well as things would have it we didn't get home till 9pm. I went back to the chicken yard with my flashlight and went into the coop and found the newbies weren't in the coop. I started walking around the yard shining the flashlight around looking for them. I didn't hear any chirping and I was scared something may have gotten them. I noticed my rooster sitting in the dirt near the fenceline so I walked up to him. I was very surprised to see a turkey head peeking out from under his wing. I moved him and he had all the babies under him protecting them and keeping them warm. I was able to pick them all up and take them into the coop. My Roo followed me into the coop and watched as i set them into a nesting box. He looked into the box like he was checking to see if they were all there and then hopped onto the roost.I think I have the most amazing Roo around it give me goosebumps every time I think of it.

Back
Top Bottom