Just introducing myself ...

This is not really a reply, but another question for anyone who has views on it:
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of layers' pellets as opposed to layers' mash? I wasn't sure what to use, so I've mixed them. They seem to prefer the mash, but I spoke to the people who sold them to me yesterday and they said, "Just pellets!" I give them a handful of corn every afternoon each and a stalk (or part of a stalk) of kale as well.

This is not really a reply, but another question for anyone who has views on it:
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of layers' pellets as opposed to layers' mash? I wasn't sure what to use, so I've mixed them. They seem to prefer the mash, but I spoke to the people who sold them to me yesterday and they said, "Just pellets!" I give them a handful of corn every afternoon each and a stalk (or part of a stalk) of kale as well.
I feed my flock strictly pellets, but that's because the wind doesn't blow it away as easily. Corn and kale won't hurt them, but it should be considered a treat, and not exceed 10% of their total food intake. :)

Back
Top Bottom