Just make this chick addiction stop!

Sorry no help here.A good 150-200 adults digging holes in my yard and pasture..neighbors pasture too! In my basement because it's too cold in the outside heated brooders is approx. 100 chicks but they are still hatching today in one bator
idunno.gif
2 more turners are full and this bator hatching now will be restocked tomorrow.
Here is my 12 step program
#1 turn on the internet
#2 look at eggs available
#3 make sure mortgage is paid
#4 hit the BIN button or make a great bid
#5 collect our own eggs by the bucket
#6 prepare those for incubation while waiting on other eggs to arrive
#7 open egg box like it's Christmas
#8 put eggs in incubator
#9 realize you have more eggs than will fit
#10 buy another bator
#11 wait for it to come
#12 fill new bator you know so you can sell the chicks to pay for it..
Reward= cute fuzzy butts chirping all night long in the house

The only cure is MORE COOPS! I have it too, bad...... 47 chickens in a suburban residential area where chickens are now illegal, 20 of those 47 are in the house... Now that is NUTS
big_smile.png

I want some speckled sussex too.

I was on IDEAL's waiting list - - - they CALLED me yesterday - - - oh I said NO - - just BARELY.

My DH was sitting right beside me when the phone rang
sad.png

I NEED a new run first, then more chicks, then bigger run, then more chicks, then new run, then more chicks !

LOVE the FUZZY butts!
big_smile.png

Just get used to saying,"My name is ______ and I am a chickaholic." The other day I went to order some sex links to add to our standard flock and ended up ordering bantams- (3) Drk Brahma's, (3) Buff Brahmas, (3) Mille Fleur Belgian Booted (1) Black Japanese and (2) Buff Black Tailed Japanese. Most of the hatcheries are back ordered until May it seems. I see a trip to TSC in my near future.
smile.png

There is no cure, embrace the disease and enjoy the miracle of life..........

Here's a couple years worth of conversations with my DH

1. DH states, 15 chickens maximum (this was back in 2008, prior to the investment): Me, you meant 15 breed maximum right? (2010 comment)
2. 2009 DH states we spend more on chickens, than chickens give back.....what I heard: we need to buy more expensive chickens so next year, we can sell more expensive eggs
3. late 2009, DH we have expensive chickens that still require more than $$ than what the give....what I heard; honey you need to buy a bigger incubator and hatch more expensive chicks.
4. 2010 DH states why don't you have white chickens, do you have something against white chickens......he left the door wide open on this one
big_smile.png

The solution: Bought DH white chickens
The response from DH: I never said I wanted white chickens
My response: true, you never said you wanted white chickens but I didn't want you (or the other chickens) to think I had something against white chickens, what do you think of blue chickens
lau.gif

I am waiting for a response from him....I think he is scared to say anything
My intreptation of silence....blue is a nice color, I wonder how it would look in my coop
lau.gif

Yes don't fight it, embrace it

Back
Top Bottom