Just my luck... what I got out of the pullet bin! (Update)

Sock Puppet

Grumpy Hen
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Mesa, Arizona
Well, I went to the Pet Club and they had just gotten in some little standard chicks about an hour before I got there. The guy said they were all pullets
smile.png

I was lucky, they had so many cute little chicks running around. I decided to get 2 standard chicks for eggs, since I have 8 Bantams at home. 10 is my limit. I looked at all the cute little Ameracauna's (thats what the sign said
big_smile.png
I chose two, they were soooo adoarable.

Anyway, I chose two of the most adorable EE's...
love.gif

This is Butterscotch...
24162_butterscotch_4-8-09.jpg

two weeks later...
24162_butterscotch_4-20-09_022.jpg

This is Lemondrop...
24162_lemondrop_4-8-09.jpg

two weeks later...
24162_lemondropfront_4-20-09.jpg

And then I saw that they had some SLW's. Ive been wanting one. I just couldnt pass up getting one. So I stood their a bit and looked at all the little SLW's. There were so many of them running around, just so cute! I spotted one and reached in and grabbed my SLW pullet chick.

This is Biscuit...
24162_biscuit_4-8-09.jpg

Two weeks later...
24162_biscuitfront_4-20-09.jpg

Biscuits Face...
24162_biscuitfacey2.jpg
24162_biscuitfacey_4-21-09.jpg

Of all the SLW's I could have chosen, why this one
barnie.gif

Unless by some fluke, SLW pullets start getting red in their combs and wattles at two weeks of age
fl.gif

Last edited:
Ahhh I have the same issue! I got a SLW from MPC (sexed as a pullet) and she is a sweet-heart. Loves to jump up on my shoulder and hang out. But I've noticed her comb turning pink -- not red but pinkish -- very similar to yours -- she is 4 weeks old. I am curious to see if anyone responds regarding SLW combs! Let me know if you want to see a pic as comparison. Good luck -- all three chicks are cute-as-can-be! And I love your photos!
wink.png

Quote:
Would love to see a picture of yours, that way we can compare. Mine is only two weeks and already turning pinkish/red. Its worse than even 3 days ago.

Quote:
Lemondrop is the best
big_smile.png
She always wants to be with us and will climb into my hand so I can pick her up. If she's down on the ground she will fly up onto my lap. She's a cuddler
love.gif

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking. I could tell from day one
sad.png
Very aggressive, it wasnt until he was 1 1/2 weeks that you could see the pinkish/red coming in on his comb. Which is really early I thought. Oh well!

Quote:
I sooo know what you mean, I hope they are all pullets for you. Its just my luck to pick the roo out of 80 some odd chicks in a pullet bin
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom