~!Just Ordered 12 Little Chicks From Ideal!~

The Wolf Queen

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Unfortunately today I had my only red silkie, a hen, drown in my ducks little swimming pool and since she was my only red I just ordered 12 chicks from Ideal Poultry. I ordered 7 banty EEs in black, blue, and light colors (which Ive really been wanting), 2 Partridge Silkies, and of course 3 red silkies(hoping for at least 2 pullets). Hopefully unless anything changes they should get here June 9th (my first Wednesday of summer break) all healthy and happy. I'm super stoked and will post pics when they arrive
smile.png

This really is an illness isn't it? I just ordered 13 ducklings from Ideal & had *just posted it* on the duck board. I'd been back & forth with what I want & don't want originally I was just going to go pick some up at TSC & I missed that etc. & so finally I just placed my order tonite.... It seems I just have to have babied feathered something in the spring.... Anyway I ordered chicks from Ideal last summer & they were wonderful & are thriving today. These ducklings were suppose to be available for shipment 5/5 & so I'm hoping it's just a few days & I'll have them & I hope these ducklings do as well as the chicks did. I'm sorry to hear about your hen drowning that must be tough, I had chick die in a wanter dish the *one time* I hadn't added rocks to the water..

chickbird wrote: I HAVE 42 COMING FROM IDEAL ON THURSDAY, A MIXTURE OF WHAT I WANTED.

Alright you beat us lol. Congrats on the ducklings mom2cool. I started ordering from Ideal last year as well and in both orders all of mine made it and only one from an order my friend had placed died. This is actually the second time Ive had a hen drown in that tub, she was another silkie. It was just one of those yearly accidents I guess.​

Congrats! I have 12 chicks coming from Ideal on the 9th of June - 2 speckled sussex, 3 easter eggers, 3 salmon faverolles and 4 naked necks to drive my DH crazy (he thinks they're butt ugly).
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yep and weather is not an issue for most parts of the country. Get what you want and not have to worry about them freezing to death if they get held up in the postal system somewhere.
thumbsup.gif

ETA: I actually ordered my chicks in January, with a scheduled delivery date the first week in May, but had to reschedule due to my DH's health issues.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom