Just ordered my new chicks for May 30th!!!

One more day to go till we get our chicks! Your right thats not a Jersey and I have no idea what she is. LOL
kimmie I swear in one of those week old pictures, there is an EE chick lol.
But you can never have enough easter eggers!

Mine chicks are the same age as yours and they sent me an extra easter egger :D

Last time I order from a feed store! All they had were my cornish x no EE or Jersey Giants. The only reason I got the CX was to fulfill the minimum 25 chick order ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am soooo madddddd now I have 25 CX I didn't really want in the first place
sad.png

Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry for you! That really, really stinks! I've ordered through a feed store before and didn't have any trouble like that, but it probably depends on the time of year and on the hatchery they order through. Are you able to contact the hatchery they ordered from? I don't know what they could do, but oh, that stinks! Do you know anyone who wanted to do meat birds this summer? You could put an ad in the paper or on craigslist if you need to find someone else to take them.

I'm so sorry!!!! I certainly hope the chicks in my box tomorrow are all ones I ordered!

Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry for you! That really, really stinks! I've ordered through a feed store before and didn't have any trouble like that, but it probably depends on the time of year and on the hatchery they order through. Are you able to contact the hatchery they ordered from? I don't know what they could do, but oh, that stinks! Do you know anyone who wanted to do meat birds this summer? You could put an ad in the paper or on craigslist if you need to find someone else to take them.

I'm so sorry!!!! I certainly hope the chicks in my box tomorrow are all ones I ordered!
Thanks for the support, I'm crushed, I feel like I waited over a month for nothing. I don't think it was the hatchery's fault, the box we brought our chicks home in clearly stated 5 Jersey pullets along with various other breeds so I think the store gave them to someone else. They never called to say they arrived and when we called to ask, it was an hour before closing so I think being patient cost me my chicks
sad.png
. Thanks for the ideas but I think we'll just keep them. There's a guy an hour away that has the chicks we want but they're already 2 weeks old so I don't know what to do.

Good luck with your chicks, I can't wait for pics!

They're HERE! All seem to be doing well so far.

smile.png

Kimmie, did you get your Easter Eggers yet? I can't wait to find out what the EEs will look like as adults!

Edited to add: 10 of the Buff Orps are not mine - they're a friend's, but I get to take care of them until she can take them home.
love.gif

Last edited:
I think the green stuff in the first set of pictures is gro gel. I give to my new chicks and have had really good luck with them.

Hi Everyone, been busy with these little chickies and sewing for our Michigan Backyard Chicken get together. I got my EE's they are so darn cute I will take pic's again I didn't get very got pic's they freak out when I took some after I brought them home. It's funny I got three that look sort of the same and one that is charcoal colored the others are chipmunk colored, any ideas? Did I get someone else's chicks. I can see how that happens because the feed store people basiclly have no idea whats what. On the box it says whats in there but when you open the box all you see is a bunch of little chickies and turkeys and ducks and you have no idea who is who. They need a better way. I went and down there at 10 like they said the hatchery would deliver them. I didn't want them to sit around there.

They're HERE! All seem to be doing well so far.

smile.png

Kimmie, did you get your Easter Eggers yet? I can't wait to find out what the EEs will look like as adults!

Edited to add: 10 of the Buff Orps are not mine - they're a friend's, but I get to take care of them until she can take them home.
love.gif

I got my EE's they are so darn cute I will take pic's again I didn't get very got pic's they freak out when I took some after I brought them home. It's funny I got three that look sort of the same and one that is charcoal colored the others are chipmunk colored, any ideas? Did I get someone else's chicks. I can see how that happens because the feed store people basiclly have no idea whats what. On the box it says whats in there but when you open the box all you see is a bunch of little chickies and turkeys and ducks and you have no idea who is who. They need a better way. I went and down there at 10 like they said the hatchery would deliver them. I didn't want them to sit around there thats for sure, it's cold in there. It was 57 degress poor little babies.

Thanks for the support, I'm crushed, I feel like I waited over a month for nothing. I don't think it was the hatchery's fault, the box we brought our chicks home in clearly stated 5 Jersey pullets along with various other breeds so I think the store gave them to someone else. They never called to say they arrived and when we called to ask, it was an hour before closing so I think being patient cost me my chicks
sad.png
. Thanks for the ideas but I think we'll just keep them. There's a guy an hour away that has the chicks we want but they're already 2 weeks old so I don't know what to do.

Good luck with your chicks, I can't wait for pics!

So sorry people are dumb I don't understand what went wrong. The feed store must have opened the box and put more CX's in there then, if it had the tally of what was in the box, which is what you ordered.

kimmie I swear in one of those week old pictures, there is an EE chick lol.
But you can never have enough easter eggers!

Mine chicks are the same age as yours and they sent me an extra easter egger :D

Tinky, which one looks like a EE? I have no idea what these guys are, they are so big now.

Last time I order from a feed store! All they had were my cornish x no EE or Jersey Giants. The only reason I got the CX was to fulfill the minimum 25 chick order ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am soooo madddddd now I have 25 CX I didn't really want in the first place
sad.png

Boy I am mad for you
hugs.gif

They're sooo cute, I can't wait for mine!

BTW, what is the green stuff, grass?

Sorry I never answered this it's that grow gel stuff that came with my chicks, they loved it

No problem, I forgot I even asked the question
gig.gif

Thanks for your sympathy, everyone's support helped, I'm not so upset about it anymore. Things happen for a reason, maybe I just needed more meat than eggs in the future, or maybe I just need to get more chicks lol. Either way, who can stay upset for long when there are -now I counted 26- little yellow fuzzies cheeping away
big_smile.png

Kimmie - all of my EEs look slightly different. Since they're crossbreeds, you never know what they'll look like (which is part of the fun of them for me
smile.png
). One of them is at the 10 o'clock of the waterer in the last picture - kind of whitish yellow with some color down its back and on its head and wings. And in the first picture, I think they are the two brownish chicks above the yellow chick to the right of the waterer. The two brown ones looked pretty alike the first time I saw them, but now they look quite distinct - one has a much darker head than the other, and one's "chipmunk" markings look more distinct than the other one.

If you want to figure out which ones of yours are EEs - one thing is that they *might* have puffy cheeks, like many EEs. But they may not - one of my EEs doesn't seem to have the puffy cheeks.

If you're trying to figure out what breeds certain chicks are, you can post pictures in the "What breed or gender is this?" section on BYC - it's a very helpful place, and people love to try to figure out what they are!

jrsckn - I'm glad you're not as upset anymore. I'm sure they could have grown on me, but that would have given me quite a shock at first, too!
smile.png

Kimmie - I am pretty sure I can see Rhode Island Reds, Gold Stars, maybe an EE, Barred Rocks, and at least one Jersey Giant/Australorp (to tell the difference - the bottoms of the feet will be whitish in Australorps, and yellowish in JGs).

smile.png

In this picture, do you see the kind of marble-colored-headed chick to the left of the paper plate? That *might* be your EE, but not sure.
wink.png
It's *possible* that the chick kind of running toward the camera in the first picture you posted at 1 week, four days, is also an EE, but I'm not positive.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/album/6168178/id/5115349/sort/display_order

Back
Top Bottom