Just ordered my new chicks for May 30th!!!

Kimmie, there's one chick I can see in a couple of your pictures that has a dark body with a lighter face and I'm not sure what it is - do you think you could get a closer picture of it? I'm curious to figure out what that one might be.
smile.png

I do have four JG hens, ordered a rooster but it died. The JG's are a week younger. One of them have feathers on the feet and legs but it looks like only on the outside of the legs.

Wordgirl which one are you talking about? I think it was the camera lighting maybe.

Oh Meyer... I think they have golden buffs or something instead of red stars. Maybe the black one with feathers is a black cochin or something? How are they all doing? They get big so fast!!! Mine are moving to the coop tomorrow morning O.O Scary! It would be tonight but I opened the door to find baby mice scattered around the floor so I'll wait and see if the mom comes back...

Tinky, boy have I been so busy with the girls, I got them outside on Sunday they were so scared! The coop is so big for them they have so much room that they run and flap their wings like crazy. They were getting stinky in the house but not bad considering. The weather was so good, perfect in fact. Did you get yours out? I put my newest babies in the big 4 X 4 foot brooder they don't know what to think. The are so cute with their puffing cheek tuffs. I have to take pictures of them the big ones in the coop darn I forgot I should have done it on the first day. Oh well. Found out yesterday that my newest grandbaby will be a boy yea!

Kimmie

How funny that I came across this post, I too got my new chicks on May 30th!.
I ordered from Ideal:
3 Easter Eggers
1 Barred Rock
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
2 Production Reds
1 California White
2 Buff Orpingtons

All ten girls arrived safe and sound

Here is a picture of them a week later, around the 1st:

and here they are today:

Hi Campnesia - the block of wood is holding the "outside sensor" of an indoor/outdoor thermometer. You can just see it in that picture - a little black thing under that hardware cloth in the middle of the block. The wire for the sensor runs underneath the brooder to the main thermometer so I can monitor the temperature easily. My dad designed it - it's brilliant and really helpful. And it also has a high/low temperature recall so I can see how low the temperature went overnight or how high it got in the day when I wasn't around. The sensor is right underneath the lamp. Here's some old pictures of it:

Hi mudhen!
frow.gif
You have a nice mix of breeds! They look great! The grow so fast, don't they!

Wordgirl, you have your chicks in house, me to. Boy what a dusty mess I got now. White powdery dust everywhere in the house. I have dust everything now. I like the temp sensor, great idea. I want one.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom