Just performed impacted crop surgery - update post #54: caution!!

I only did what any mom would do to save her pet, when there were NO other alternatives..!
smile.png

I hope to never go through this again but if I have to, I'll feel more confident and will make sure to be better prepared. My mom said to get suture thread from the vet and try to find a scalpel, which will help with the procedure. It's on my list of equipment to always have on hand as of now on!

They say never two without three but I hope that won't come true because I've saved Angel's life twice now through improvised surgery, it's enough! LOL!

No more, please!
lol.png

Great job! I envy how brave you were. I had this happen to one of mine, one of the sweetest of the bunch. My husband just ended up putting her down. I don't think we could have done it ourselves. I hope she pulls thru perfectly. Now your advice can help others. Kudos!

You get pat on the back from me, too
thumbsup.gif
You and Angel, both, were real troupers and an inspirational to us all. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. By doing so, I have no doubt that you will help to save the lives of many more chickens in addition to your own.

good job I would watch for edema and go to the farm supply store and have pcn injectable on hand if shes drinking i really would consider oxytetracycline to prevent any nasties you could get tylan injectable Id really bee keen on watching out for infection.. FYI it that thread is pure cotton it will disolve its a natural material if its cotton polyester it wont but hey itll be fine... INFECTION IS YOUR #! worry for the next week or so...

Back
Top Bottom