Just placed an order with Ideal!

ChickieBooBoo

Cold Canadian Chick
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Canada
Just ordered 100 pullets and 6 goslings from Ideal Poultry this evening. 25 Russian Spangled Orloffs, 25 Dark Brahmas, 25 Easter Eggers, 25 Silver Laced Wyandottes and 6 American Buff goslings!

They are set to be shipped on April 11! So excited, this will be my first time importing birds into Canada!
celebrate.gif

Wow! That's a lot of mouths to feed!! You are definitely further along in chicken raising than me! I've been raising 18 chicks and sometimes feel like it's a full time job. I can't imagine the kind of numbers you're talking about. Good luck, I bet you can't wait!!

Bringing birds into Canada is quite a bit more expensive then just ordering if you live in the US. Theres the extra cost of health papers to get them across the border and you actually have to cross with them, which means entering the US, picking them up at the post office in a border town and bringing them across yourself. I live just outside Winnipeg so its not that far of a drive to the border, but gas is expensive.

I'm only keeping about 5-6 of each breed to add to my current laying flock, the rest of the chicks I'll re-sell here in order to cover the costs.

The geese I'm keeping too, they are too cute to sell!

The chicks arrived on Thursday, I was very happy with them. They had been shipped from Texas to North Dakota, right to the Canadian/American border and only 1 Brahma was DOA. The hatchery included the health papers with the chicks and crossing back into Canada was quicker then I thought it would be. It only took about 15 minutes in total.

Once we arrived back in Winnipeg, I got the chicks settled in their brooders and since Thursday I've lost 5/25 Wyandottes and 2/25 Brahmas (including the DOA one) Out of the EEs and Orloffs I didn't lose one chick, they are all thriving.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the whole order. I got exactly what I wanted and the hatchery was very helpful with information regarding the border and importing the chicks into Canada. I would definantly recommend IDEAL to anyone looking for chicks, I'll be ordering from them again next year for sure!

The chicks arrived on Thursday, I was very happy with them. They had been shipped from Texas to North Dakota, right to the Canadian/American border and only 1 Brahma was DOA. The hatchery included the health papers with the chicks and crossing back into Canada was quicker then I thought it would be. It only took about 15 minutes in total.

Once we arrived back in Winnipeg, I got the chicks settled in their brooders and since Thursday I've lost 5/25 Wyandottes and 2/25 Brahmas (including the DOA one) Out of the EEs and Orloffs I didn't lose one chick, they are all thriving.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the whole order. I got exactly what I wanted and the hatchery was very helpful with information regarding the border and importing the chicks into Canada. I would definantly recommend IDEAL to anyone looking for chicks, I'll be ordering from them again next year for sure!

Congrats on the new babies. I went with Ideal for one of my orders and will deffinitly to business with them again. Good luck with the babies :)

I've sold enough of them now to cover the costs of the order, so I got the chicks I'm keeping for free kinda.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom