Just saying hi!

Hello and welcome to BYC. I think a "watched" hen won't lay eggs. If you can just put it out of your mind, you will go delirious when one does show up. When a pullet is approaching point of lay, her comb will enlarge and get redder. If you touch her on the back she will squat for you like she would for a rooster. After exhibiting these traits eggs are usually soon to follow.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I have an Orpington a lemon mille fleur sablepoot and a frizzle. Adding a silkie at weekend and hopefully another orpington. They are all approx 24 weeks. The orpington was acting weird a couple of days ago and squatted down when I stroked her...so, fingers crossed!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I have an Orpington a lemon mille fleur sablepoot and a frizzle. Adding a silkie at weekend and hopefully another orpington. They are all approx 24 weeks. The orpington was acting weird a couple of days ago and squatted down when I stroked her...so, fingers crossed!

Sounds like you have a very beautiful flock. Good luck in getting an egg soon from your Orpington.

Back
Top Bottom