Just starting

fatchic

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2017
Howdy from Texas! I just got my first at being a chicken momma! My baby chicks are around 4 weeks. We are setting up the coop and I have questions. So much info on the internet. Thought I would ask some who have lived through the experience. Thanks for having a site for that. I hope to learn a lot.
Fatchic

Welcome! I am too new to this website but I've been a chicken mama for years. If you have any questions feel free to ask, this place is extremely helpful. :)

Howdy from Texas! I just got my first at being a chicken momma! My baby chicks are around 4 weeks. We are setting up the coop and I have questions. So much info on the internet. Thought I would ask some who have lived through the experience. Thanks for having a site for that. I hope to learn a lot.
Fatchic

Welcome aboard!

What are some of the questions you have?
how many chicks did you get and what breed are they?

Greetings from Kansas, fatchic, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! Not sure if you have specific or general questions. If general, you might check out the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
It is loaded with great articles covering a wide range of poultry topics. Good luck and thanks for joining BYC!
celebrate.gif

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am so glad you decided to join us today, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under Fatchic
frow.gif
Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your little ones.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

I have our Coop up and ready. The bottom is open, so no floor.. My husband wanted to use nature's floor. But I heard that wasn't a good idea. Can I put a layers of pine shavings on the ground and some hay on top of that? Nesting box.. same way? Oh yea I also sprinkled DE on the ground first and in the nesting box bottom first.

Back
Top Bottom