Kansas City, MO (well Raymore actually)

bobw189

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Raymore, Mo
Hi Everyone,

This isn't actually a "New" member post but more of a returning member post. My family and I had to sell off out flock, coop and all that about a year ago when I took a new job and had to move to a condo while we looked for a home. We just bought a new house on 5 acres with a barn and we're gearing up for a new flock! Our 3yr old daughter is SUPER excited to have chickens again, guess we just have to find a feed store with some chicks now!

We are however looking for some hens to get us started, preferably already at POL and older birds with only a few more seasons of laying left are fine too. Anyone in the Kansas City area willing to part with a few hens for $10-$20 each while we brood out some chicks? We prefer RIR's or buff orpingtons but we're not picky on the 1st few ladies.

Glad to be back! - Bob

Welcome back!

Once you have 20 posts you can use the buy-sell-trade forum. You're almost there now!

How exciting to be able to have a flock again, such a great hobby for the whole family.

Well I ordered 50 Chicks today, still hoping to pick up a few mature hens to get a few eggs in before this batch hits POL. Any advice would be appreciated as well!

If you put your state in the search box it will come up. Post there and you will be able to see if there are any bycers living near you.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard and good luck with your new chicks!

Best wishes
CT

Hello everyone I am new to chicken mothering! I got 5 babies around Easter for my rather large chicken coop. I am now looking for more black cooper muran chicks. I live in Edgerton Kansas just south of overland park. My inherited coop has 60 boxes in it. What is the max amount of bird a coop that size can hold? Does each girl need more than one box? I also have ducks, geese and Guineas can they all sleep together? Thanks for taking your time and reading my post.
Patricia

Back
Top Bottom