kate plus 8 and Sara Palin

I didn't get to see any of the SNL parodies. I don't have any speakers and my DW hijacled my headphones so she wouldn't have to listen to me. They're noise cancelling. One of these days I 'll go on You Tube and check it out. What little I saw on the news looked pretty funnyl. She really left herself open though. Poor McCain, he didn't seem too happy with her.

Did they do much on Biden. He's said some pretty stupid stuff too. I'm sure Obama has had to say a few things to him. Kind of like Bush. Don't say anything unless it's written down.

Quote:
I only watched their 2 hour presidential special. Even had some clips of past presidential parodies (Bill and Hillary Clinton for example, a few of Dana Carvey doing George Bush).

I recall a parodied presidential debate between McCain-Obama and Obama would answer the question, but always start off with a long rambling anecdote that had nothing to do with the question and he would always run out of time.

I always liked the political stuff on SNL! LOL-some of the actors would probably do a better job than the people they're making fun of.
big_smile.png

I have observed that the cast members on SNL are incredibly intelligent people. Just to be able to think that quick on your feet is a sign of intelligence. I had never seen a live SNL until just this past year or so. When it started I was in high school and my parents didn't have a TV. My grandmothers had TVs but we were not allowed to watch anything that late at night. I can remember the other classmates talking about it though, and I often listened to their parody of the show. I am now recording episodes of it. I love their take on the weeks political happenings. I often find that I end up with a better understanding of what is really going on in politics. I still read the news outlets info, but SNL and John Stewart make it fun.
lau.gif

I have to say that even my father who over the years is one of the most politically neutral person I have ever known, was shocked at how poorly Sarah Palin preformed when asked fairly simple questions about politics. He made the comment that with as old as McCain was, that the possibility that Palin would have ended up becoming the president of US. And I think he was slightly horrified that possibility. I think that had she been smart enough to answers as she is attractive, that she would have been an asset to McCain, instead of a liability. I think that Palin got elected as governor in Alaska because she is fairly young and attractive.

Quote:
I just read that article. He is so spot on about her. I had forgotten some of that stuff she said. I wonder if she'll do any better this time around. Probably just be like Sharon Angle and only have interviews with friendly pseudo journalists with pre scripted questions and answers written on her hand. How does she get away with it? Don't answer that. I already know. FOX!

Quote:
As I told you earlier, I feel the exact same way

Love Jon Stewart too! He's one of the few people who looks better in his 40s than his 20s!

But I was on the fence for voting until McCain picked Palin. That sealed it.

DH who fought in the Vietnam War has been a staunch McCain supporter since he ran in the primaries in 2000, but even he couldn't stomach Palin possibly becoming our next president.

I often think that the Republicans chose Palin for McCain in order to be sure he didn't win. I would have never voted for McCain because I felt he would have invaded Iran as well as cut the heck out of the social safety net. Palin made it scary though because of McCains age. The thought of her making important decisions was very scary. Her irresponsible behavior since then has been abhorring. Her behavior since the Az shootings has been horrible. It's scary that she might actually run. However it will be very short lived. kind of like Tancredo in the 2008 primaries.

Palin should stick to reality shows. Maybe open up an abstinence clinic to help keep children from getting in a family way.

Quote:
As I told you earlier, I feel the exact same way

Love Jon Stewart too! He's one of the few people who looks better in his 40s than his 20s!

But I was on the fence for voting until McCain picked Palin. That sealed it.

DH who fought in the Vietnam War has been a staunch McCain supporter since he ran in the primaries in 2000, but even he couldn't stomach Palin possibly becoming our next president.

I don't LOVE Jon Stewart, although he is very funny, but I agree 100% that he looks better now than he did when he was younger. (now why can't that happen to me? LOL!)
lol.png

I like Sarah and I'd gladly spend some time with her, in the outdoors....I might have to tell her to shut the h--- up, on occasion, but I'd probably have to do the same, to some of the posters, on this board, the way they run on and on and on, about much of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom