Keep your fingers crossed for me Please!

Farmin Momma

Songster
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
Mill Creek, Wa
I have recently posted about my 3 new 8 month old hens and one rooster that I got for free. Earlier today I noticed that the 3 hens were outside of their yard ( all the chickens come out all the time and get back in when they want to) The frist thing that came to my mind is Uh oh, I have to go get those babies back with the group or they will get lost. Now first of all I should have listend to myself
he.gif
, and the reason I though this is because these ones are very sweet, more than any of my others. They just seem like helpless lil babies. Well it appears that I was right. I went to do my night check and they were the only ones not there!
hit.gif

I am really hoping they found a good hiding spot and that they show up in the morning
fl.gif
! I am so bumbed! I really hope they are ok.
hide.gif

Those three girls I have had for a 4 days now. But they came back this morning!
yippiechickie.gif
I have no idea where they were hiding but I will make sure they don't do that again. I will go out earlier to tuck them in for bed!

I would recommend keeping them inside their coop for at least a week so they understand where they live. Don't let them out at all. Then after the week let them out for a few hours before dusk. They should return to the coop. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't roost under bushes. This should get them acclimated.

Back
Top Bottom