Keet advice-urgent

Danel visagie

Hatching
Oct 8, 2023
I recently got a keet as a rescue but it is unable to stand on its own after i found it laying on it's back. It seems like it's bouncing around when it tries to stand and it's head bobbles around the whole time. It can only move backwards without falling over and when it moves forward it leans on its beak. Need some urgent advice please.
I am also struggling to feed it, any advice?

Hello! Can you get the baby to eat some raw yolk? Get a pipette or use your finger to put a drop on its beak, then watch it swallow before giving anymore. Then also give baby straight nutri drench the same way. Also try to give water, also same way. Keep baby warm under the chin as long as you can.

If you don't have nutri drench, unsulphured molasses also helps.

I recently got a keet as a rescue but it is unable to stand on its own after i found it laying on it's back. It seems like it's bouncing around when it tries to stand and it's head bobbles around the whole time. It can only move backwards without falling over and when it moves forward it leans on its beak. Need some urgent advice please.
I am also struggling to feed it, any advice?
It most likely is suffering from a thiamine deficiency from being fed the wrong kind of feed.

Make some vitamin B complex by mixing it at the rate of 1/2 tablet dissolved in one gallon of water. Make it the only source of water. It should be made fresh daily.

Give it a high protein game bird or turkey starter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom