Kentuckiana Roll Call

wyldehorses

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Kentucky
Let's start a post with everyone from this area checking in with where you are, what you raise, and any info you want to share about family or hobbies.

I live Mount Eden, Ky.

I raise way to many breeds, but am seriously working on my exhibition d'uccles, polish, sumatras, cochins (smooth and frizzle), and favorelles.

I also have d'anvers, silkies, wyandottes, naked necks, ameraucana, sultans, and phoenix. (All bantams) And in standard, I have Pitt Games (exhibition only). I also have some call ducks, mandarins, button quail, quail, and pheasants.

And let's not forget the horses, dogs, cats, and goat.

Yolonda

Last edited:
Hi Yolanda,

I'm in Somerset and I really don't raise anything yet but have everything going on. Hopefully will be a little more organized with some of the crew by Spring. Weather and Hubby permitting...

I have a Chi-a-pom named Foxy, she is 13 yrs old and is only mine. Although recently she has been going up to hubby voluntarily. Then we have a Sheltie that is 8 yrs old, she takes her position in the family very seriously but she is also a sweet dog. She likes to herd anything she can chase and she really dislikes moles.

My DS has a Lionhead bunny named Gravy, appropriately named because she is the color of Turkey gravy. She is very laid back and easy to handle and cuddle. Gravy is now 3 yrs old. She hops crooked because one of my BFFs kids handled her w/out permission or supervision and hurt her leg or hip but she's a trooper.

All of my poultry is listed in the sig below...We bought the Call Ducks because DS is going to use them as one of the fowl breeds for 4-H.

I have a great hubby and a son (10) and daughter (18)...My son likes to swim and play sports and my daughter is in college and is on the swim team.

Cindy

I'm In Louisville, KY, retired clergy, frustrated farmer. LOL

I have 6 Min Pins(all rescues), fantail and homing pigeons, American Parakeets and English Budgies, Zebra Finches, Ring Kneck Doves, 30 tanks of tropical fish.

I usually do a small garden each year, am currently building a new loft for the pigeons, and then will build a coop to raise the chickens in. Unfortunately, we are only allowed 4 non-crowing birds and one crowing bird here in the city, although I think I can skip the roo and just get the pullets.

Other hobbies and interests include quilting, some crochet, home repair/remodeling,

I have been looking at the different hatchery websites and have ordered their catalogues, but most require a minimum order of 25 chicks. We'll see what happens when I get the coop and run built.

Back
Top Bottom