kentucky specks

What is their temperment like? are they really friendly and tame? Able to be handled easily even when not worked with much? Are they wary and skittish? Able to free range pretty well? are they good at bedding down in the coop or are they tree loving birds?

They are really handsome little birds :)

Hello,
I have a trio and a pair of the K.Y. specks.They have a little more white on them than in the picture.All wings are mostly black with black splashes.They are about 80 percent white.I owned this breed around 42 years ago and sold them.Some females nor all will have a very small crest on them.same as they were years ago.I mostly raise call ducks but i like this breed which is a little larger than the old english breed.

Hello,
I have a trio and a pair of the K.Y. specks.They have a little more white on them than in the picture.All wings are mostly black with black splashes.They are about 80 percent white.I owned this breed around 42 years ago and sold them.Some females nor all will have a very small crest on them.same as they were years ago.I mostly raise call ducks but i like this breed which is a little larger than the old english breed.

Congrats. I like these birds. At least what I've seen in pictures, I have not gotten to see a live one yet.

Red earlobes = not Leghorn
wink.png

I said they look like exchequars not that they were.

Tim

HI! I realize this post is quite old but I just got a Kentucky Spec and was told they are the hardest breed to find. We are actually on the hunt for a rooster to make a breeding pair. If you can offer us any suggestions or where to start we would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom