KFC vs Tyson

Quote:
isnt Church's way better? I almost always buy some gizzards just for me and our oldest when we go buy fried chicken. Their meat is soooo tast and juicy.

Church's has fried gizzards?
ep.gif
droolin.gif

Fred's Hens :

Yes, I must agree with those who say the best, cleanest chicken is the one you raise yourself.

While traveling, I'm not opposed to a good Pop Eye's, but still. No doubt one's own raised birds beat anything you can buy from any grocery store or fast food outlet.

I agree about the best chickens are the ones you raise yourself but I only eat my roosters. I can't bring myself to processing any of the hens.

And a rooster is too tough to fry.
hit.gif

Quote:
It's always a good idea to see who's funding this research. Research funded by the beef industry will likely have data skewed in their favor.
Grass fed beef is much higher in omega 3s, which have been shown time and again to help your cholesterol profile. Same with any grass fed meat animal. Even our eggs are better for us if the chickens eat some greens and bugs.

Quote:
There's a Tyson plant less than an hour from here?
idunno.gif
In Texas, not China.

One of their processing plants is about 5 minutes away; their hatchery not more than 15 minutes away.

Are you near Idabel? I worked the ER there for about two weekends. That was enough for me. I felt so sorry for the people working in that chicken factory.

Quote:
I agree about the best chickens are the ones you raise yourself but I only eat my roosters. I can't bring myself to processing any of the hens.

And a rooster is too tough to fry.
hit.gif

There are some recipe's for southern frying chicken in a pressure cooker. I'd love to know of one!!! A pressure cooker can make any chicken tender. Years ago, while in college, I worked at a cafe that specialized in carry out, banquet and eat in chicken. We used a broaster machine that was a pressure cooker. My goodness.... that was good. Pressure cooked in deep fat. Beyond great!! Of course, the recipe also called for a 24 hour marinade in brine (salt water) and rolled in flour and left in the fridge for a week until the flour coating turned into a goo. Sounds gross, perhaps, but it was the best chicken ever....... still thinking about it.

Fred's Hens :

Quote:
False. No chicken raised in the US is allowed to have hormones.

Yes can see it now .......catching 10 thousand chicken giving them injection....sure the labor cost would out weight the weight gain.

Thing that make you say humm.​

Quote:
One of their processing plants is about 5 minutes away; their hatchery not more than 15 minutes away.

Are you near Idabel? I worked the ER there for about two weekends. That was enough for me. I felt so sorry for the people working in that chicken factory.

Not too far from Idabel; just across the state line. All of our neighbors have commercial houses. When DH was growing up on this farm it was a commercial chicken farm. After DH's parents passed away he tore down the commercial houses.
I know firsthand what the inside of a commercial house is like and how the chickens are treated. They aren't living breathing creatures to the commercial chicken farmer, they are a product.

Last edited:
Quote:
Homemade, fresh slaw with homemade mayonnaise and fresh cabbage from the garden. Fresh chicken from the backyard, cooked in the oven with some spicy breading after marinating in kefir.

I like the home grown and home cooked stuff, too. Fix it a lot. But sometimes I don't wanna cook. And sometimes I'm in town far from home. Then it's the drive thru and KFC. If that endangers my immortal soul or my arteries, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom