Khaki campbell duck eggs

Ok so I kept trying to figure out which chicken laid this egg but I'm starting to think it's my 2 ducks. They are just so small...it's almost the same size as my bantams eggs but very dirty. i have 2 female khaki Campbell's and the egg in the middle is the one I suspect to be the ducks. The white one is my bantam and the light brown is an Orpington. What do u all think??

B

Ok so I kept trying to figure out which chicken laid this egg but I'm starting to think it's my 2 ducks. They are just so small...it's almost the same size as my bantams eggs but very dirty. i have 2 female khaki Campbell's and the egg in the middle is the one I suspect to be the ducks. The white one is my bantam and the light brown is an Orpington. What do u all think??

B

That looks about like the ones we've gotten from ours.

Kinda off subject but here goes anyway. I have a mixed flock of ameraucanas hens and 4 female ducks and two drakes. One of the drakes is a KC. And he is pissing me off!!!! He keeps attacking my chickens. He will run them down no matter how far they run. The other male is now starting to follow in his footsteps. Anyone have any issues with this.

I have leghorns orpingtons and partridge rocks (8 total all hens) also have 3 female and 1 male KC they all grew up together since about a couple days old. They all share the same coop run and free range together. My chickens follow my ducks if the go off free ranging. I have not had any problems with the ducks chasing my chickens.

I've found an egg day since Sunday. Not sure which of my 2 girls it is. Tonight when I got home there was a larger one in the pen and when I picked it up my fingers sunk into the shell. Do I need to do something different with girls' feed now? They're getting layer feed.

Also, I got rid of 3 of my drakes that were picking on the 4th that I kept. Now the last one constantly comes after us and the dogs. I'm wondering if I get rid of him too, will my girls be tamer?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom