Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hd6672

In the Brooder
Jan 11, 2016
Stoke on Trent
Hi I know this is a chicken site but I was just after some help on ducks my khaki campbell has had ducklings last night 9 to be precise I'm just after some or any advice on what I feed them or dos and don't s as they are my sons pet ducks he is austic and they are his life he loves them we have 1 female and 1 male which we have had for 4 years and normally remove the eggs but we went away and someone looked after them for us and didn't remove the eggs now hence why we have 9 baby ducklings this morn. So if anyone can give me any advice it's much needed thanks. A lot.

Hi I know this is a chicken site but I was just after some help on ducks my khaki campbell has had ducklings last night 9 to be precise I'm just after some or any advice on what I feed them or dos and don't s as they are my sons pet ducks he is austic and they are his life he loves them we have 1 female and 1 male which we have had for 4 years and normally remove the eggs but we went away and someone looked after them for us and didn't remove the eggs now hence why we have 9 baby ducklings this morn. So if anyone can give me any advice it's much needed thanks. A lot.
I would separate the drake and the hen, The drake in most cases will try and kill the ducklings or try to harm them, And i know that this doesn't include the ducklings but having one hen for one drake can be very unhealthy for the female duck. I would suggest getting two more female ducks for your drake. Besides that they should be fine.

Leave Momma with her Ducklings...Remove the Drake....
Ducklings can be fed Chick starter and they do better when it's mixed with water...I mix it to a soupy mess...Momma can eat that also...I provide dry at all times too....

Back
Top Bottom