Khaki Campbells

shelli315

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 22, 2014
My Khaki Campbells are approx. 4 months old, their feathers are looking lighter and fluffier. Not sure if thisis the beginning of them molting or possibly starting to lay. Any suggestions?

i have khaki campbell and i think it is just molting, or growing their feathers, i think mine did the same thing, i wouldnt worry about it

Hello.
My Khaki Campbell's look identical to the photo posted. I think they are molting, mine are 16 weeks and their pool is loaded with feathers. Although I gave my three masculine names I believe they are all girls. If they haven't gotten their male plumage by now does that mean that they will stay mottled brown? One has a greenish beak and two have white in the front of their necks. Does that mean anything as far as sexing goes? My two Mallards lost their Drake, and shortly after their ducklings to predators. I got the Khaki's to keep them company out in the pond because they seemed so nervous and lost without the Drake. I really was hoping for a male but the employees at TSC hadn't a clue as to their sex. I guess I was lucky that they knew the type of ducklings they were selling.
I would like some advice on where to get a drake that doesn't have to be hand raised from 2 days old. Also at what age can I safely let these ducks loose in the pond? It is full of predators and Khaki's can't fly like the Mallards can if escape is necessary.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom