Kind of new member

Chicken_Guru

Songster
Jul 11, 2017
Lafayette, California
Hello, I am a kind of new member and never properly introduced myself. So, I am from the San Francisco bay area, my flock consists of 2 RIRs, 1 Leghorn, 2 Cuckoo Marans, and 1 Easter Egger. One of the RIR's name is Nugget, and the other one is tender. The leghorn is the one in my profile picture and is the leader, her name is silky. My younger flock, consists of the 2 cuckoo marans and the easter egger, and the Easter egger's name is Unknown, but we are pretty sure it is Trumpette because we thought she was an Ameracauna, so we named her the girl version of Donald Trump, so we decided TRUMPette. The most frisky of my flock is one of the cuckoo marans' named STELLA she scratched my lip and my chin while holding her. My other, one, Kentucky F. Chicken, Kentucky for short is a very sweet chicken. We also let our chickens free run as much as possible, but we have a barn owl in the back of our yard, so we have to be cautious. When they don't free range, we have a big run for them to eat and drink in. We also have this very cool Everlasting water bowl, made for dogs, but we use it for our chickens, and we never need to refill it, all we need to do is simply clean it out then it fills back in, because we connected it to the hose. The rest of my pets consists of my favorite animal, Maverick, because he is so playful. My favorite feline is Naktiva because she doesn't scratch me like the other cat, named Nala. Naktiva is a very nice cat, but Nala only is when she feels like it, I have to make her sniff my hand for approval, if she leaves me, She will kill me if I pet her, if she stays and then meows, I can pet her ONE time or else she will go absolutely nuts and swipe at me.

Thank you for letting me introduce myself

- Tobias

Nice to meet you Tobias, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Nala sounds like a feral cat, and maybe she should stay that way.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Also are your chickens are okay? I saw your post with the flooding :p
I reply to ALL new member introductions.
I scroll through other forums and help where I can.

My chickens did just fine.
The coop/run smelled to high heaven for a few days but I got that fixed up!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom