Kinda freakin out here, anyone ever had a false positive preg test?

fortunatly, I have been taking the prenatal vitamins, but pretty irregularly. At 1st it was every day, but then I would forget about 3 days a week. I need to keep them on the counter so I can remmeber to take them everyday.

The test has red lines, and yes...it was only slightly lighter than the control line.

Told DH last night, he said..well it was only a dollar. I already have an appt for my annual 9/22, so I will call them monday and see if they want to change anything or if I will go on the 22nd still. I told my dh to drink all the beer, but he still didn't. I will make him finish it tonight cause I can't stand to look at it!

kinda funny, I thought maybe this morning I would be sick since I now know, but nope. Still have this darn head cold though. I went to the store to get some milk yesterday and the clerk said "playing hookie today huh" and I told him how I stayed home sick and he responds "is there a little Jimi on the way"....this got me thinking and I went to get the test. But really...just a head cold!

I feel better, not freaking out anymore. I think I just needed to let it sink in. Jimi might be worried though...he was up an hour before his alarm this morning. We have a lot to do, like remove the asbestos flooring that covers the downstairs of our house. Need to get the black mold out of the basement and would be nice to finish the attic so that we can make our room the baby room. I bet that's why he was up so early!

Thanks all for your kind and helpful words! Wish me luck and I will keep you all posted when I get the official word from the OB on the 22nd. Maybe for once I will have normalish blood pressure, since I hear pregnancy increases your blood pressure.

Ok I was on BC and forgot to take my pill by about 10-12 hours-well yah things happened in that time frame and preggers I got for my 2nd DD!
I stopped taking the pill the night Dh and I decided to try for our first DD and within 24 hours I was preggers for the first DD-so either Im a fertile mertile or have good luck or whatever. He has been sworn to stay away from me on his brithday-both girls were bday gifts! good luck be healthy and enjoy:)

Last edited:
I have a feeling we may both be fertile merltles! Did you find it difficult to get all the chicken chores done toward the end of the pregnancy? Should I be getting my DH used to helping with the chicken chores so he is prepared if I can't?

Quote:
Didnt have chickens then:-( but if I were you yes get him in the chores now-shoot get him used to doing everything now...LOL its the only time you will get a break haha...Oh and the 6 weeks your supposed to wait and relax before resuming a "private life" stick to that too! LOL...

Congrats! I also got pg on the first try, did not have any morning sickness to speak of. A bit of nausea like I was coming down with something. Oddly enough, my stallion knew immediatly. I was trail riding with a friend and commented to her about how well behaved he was becoming. He had a Dennis the Menace personality.

Of course, once I took the pg test I knew why he had calmed down and gone into 'protect mama mode'. Both of my stallions behaved much quieter and were very easy going around me. All bets were off after the kiddo got here. LOL

I'm thinking the cold symptoms you are expereincing may be your 'morning sickness'.

Mine were due June 14 and Sept 1, not born then, but due. The heat was BAD I admit.

But, not near as scary as my SIL whose youngest was due mid Feb. She had to deal with trying to navigate icey sidewalks, drives, parking lots, etc. I was a nervous wreck FOR her. Bad enough to slip any time, but when preggers that same fall could be really bad. So, whenever I started thinking that summer was evil I just remembered that.

Quote:
hopefully my mare feels the same way your stallion did, she is denise the menace, lol. I was thinking last night how we are going to train our youngest to jump this winter, I may have to let my sister take that over! I think I may have to take a break from horse training and just ride the safer ones.
sad.png
(aka the boring ones).

Hope this cold goes away, feel less congested today, but still have a headache. I want to call everyone and tell them, but I am gonna try to wait until after my OB appt, hard to keep my mouth shut!

Quote:
hopefully my mare feels the same way your stallion did, she is denise the menace, lol. I was thinking last night how we are going to train our youngest to jump this winter, I may have to let my sister take that over! I think I may have to take a break from horse training and just ride the safer ones.
sad.png
(aka the boring ones).

Hope this cold goes away, feel less congested today, but still have a headache. I want to call everyone and tell them, but I am gonna try to wait until after my OB appt, hard to keep my mouth shut!

I am sure you already know, you have to stay away from most meds when you are pregnant. When I was pregnant with my first I had an awful flu and a cold (winter pregnancy, gotta love 'em). To help I drank alot of tea (non herbal). Honey and Lemon will help your throat if it is sore. Tylenol reg strength is allowed while pregnant as well as vicks vapor rub. Hmm Ginger is good for if your tummy gets sick. If I think of anymore pregnancy friendly relief stuff for sickness, I will let you know!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
hugs.gif
I hope you get over your cold quickly!!

Back
Top Bottom