KINDLE readers - where do you find free books?

Googling helps you get some. I also use UTorrent and get tonnes from friends.

I think the downloading laws are different here in Canada than the US. It is for music, I know.

Quote:
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
tongue.png

As an author I can tell you that the only free books available are those which are no longer under copy-write. Unless you can find a lending library that allows you to borrow/download books there aren't any free ones out there. Amazon is supposedly starting a lending library under their Prime membership and, if you know someone with a Kindle, you can borrow from them, otherwise you'll have to pay.

Just go to there website most libaries are offering this now. Most of them though the selection isnt that great but its growing.

Quote:
Our library as a surprisingly nice selection. I just got an iphone and have been having fun checking out ebooks.

Ous does too!! I've been downloading audiobooks for a few years now for my iPhone, so when I saw they started loaning the kindle versions is when I decided to get the KF. I can borrow books from them for a very LONG time and never have to buy one!!

I'm definitely going to check with my local library. Can you only do this from your LOCAL library? Also, do you have to have a library card?

Quote:
You usually can do it from home from the website, but you have to get a library card to do it, at least at our library you do. You just bring your ID and proof of mailing address down and fill out a form. Doesn't take long. Then, you can go to the website and start searching for books.

We've had a lot of digital books for a while now, but not for Kindle. That's beginning to change.

Back
Top Bottom