Kirby died, need a new vaccum

Chiefs Mess

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 1, 2007
After 17 faithful years my Kirby vaccum went to vaccum heaven. I cannot complain about this vaccum, it also shampooed rugs and blown up air mattress ect. It has seen different states, houses and apts. It has been borrowed by friends who the packers had ended up packing their vaccums for their next of place of home the military sent them. Now I am here lost on what to get. Now many types have come along since those years. All I need is one that vaccum rugs with cats in the house. Oh yeah dirt does get tracked in. Plus easy to purchase vaccum bags. I always had to purchase mine on the internet (hence the post about living in the boonies), lol

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

TIA

I thought Kirby had a lifetime warranty? I stil lhave my mom's she bought in the 1950's and I swear she had sent it back for repair for free at lteast three times

How about another Kirby?

That is what we thought but the shipment cost would be outragous. To be honest I hate sending things to ge fix. And for buying another don't think I could afford it.

Purple Dyson. Awesome. Ran it over the carpet that had JUST been "well cleaned" with a Kirby and
sickbyc.gif
It got about 3 large dogs worth of hair out of the clean looking carpet.

I have had my banana yellow Dyson for 8 years now and haven't had ANY problems with it. It's easy to take apart if there's a clog and as the advertisements have said, it keeps its power.

my dyson rocks !!! I have 3 dogs and 5 cats it gets a work out. no bags to buy. Big Lots often has refurbished ones at about half the price of new. that is where I got mine.

Just saw a thing about vacuums on AOL yesterday. The best vacuum they tried was a $50 Dirt Devil bagless. I'm gonna get me one when I get moved.

Back
Top Bottom